Tuesday, July 17, 2012

whipped shortbread cookies


This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. Ever

If you have been looking for the perfect, melt in your mouth, shortbread recipe, this is it! These are so quick to make. I dump everything in my Kitchenaid and then walk away for 10 minutes while it does all of the hard work. You can put this dough in a cookie press, but I find it easiest to put the dough in a piping bag and use one of my large icing tips to pipe the cookies onto the cookie sheets. These cookies are delicious on their own, but I think that everything tastes better with icing. I use my favorite buttercream recipe to add a dollop of icing on each cookie.

Whipped Shortbread

1 cup of butter, softened
1 ½ cups flour
½ cup icing sugar

Using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, whip for at least 10 minutes. Pipe onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake at 325 for about 10 minutes.


Who wants to go bake cookies now?


3 comments:

  1. These look delicious!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new linky party starting today. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just made these to add to my Christmas baked gifts. They look SO good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this recipe and popped it into the oven! Love whipped shortbread especially around the Christmas season! Thanks for posting this recipe and I also wanted to say in this Christmas Season that there is always hope in Jesus Christ, He is a healer, deliver, redeemer, He is love and The Way to eternal life!
    God Bless.
    ~Acts 2:38

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...