Monday, June 11, 2012

puppy dog sandwich


I want to say hi to all of my new facebook followers. WHAT! You don't follow me on facebook yet? You can do that here.

Remember the puppy Valentines that I made? Of course you do, my loyal readers. Well, that's what inspired this sandwich. We go through so much bread in this house, so it's not uncommon for us to have a few packages of it open at the same time. When I made this sandwich for the kids, we happened to have a grain bread and a white bread open at the same time. It could just as easily be made from all one kind of bread. 

I was making sandwiches for Claire and Simon. So I cut two hearts out of each kind of bread. I sliced the grain bread hearts in half to make the ears. I added mini marshmallows with chocolate chips to make the eyes. Mini chocolate chips, and a red smartie finished off the puppy face. That's it. It came together in the time I would have used just to cut the crusts off of the bread. Have you been making fun lunches for your kids?

1 comment:

  1. this is soo cute. I will have to try this out for my son:-) thanksfor the great post-frogs and snails and puppy dog tails

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...