Friday, June 29, 2012

handprint beavers



It's nearly Canada Day, and I couldn't let it pass without doing a craft with the kiddos. This was a fun craft, and the kids loved  doing it. It has been a while since we last painted, so they had fun making a HUGE mess painting. Did you know that the beaver is the national animal of Canada?

Claire used some maple leaf cookie cutters to stamp leaves on the white paper. We let those dry over night. This morning, Simon and Claire painted their hands brown and stamped them on the paper. While we still had the brown paint out, I added little feet and little ears to the beaver. Then when it was all dry I drew the hands, nose, mouth (big teeth are key) and the details on the tail.

Whenever I do painting projects with the kids I always get them to do what I have in mind first ( in this case brown handprints). Then I let them paint whatever they want (including themselves!) If I waited until they were nearly done painting, there would be a lot less cooperation with me.

We're making cookies this weekend to take to the teddy bear picnic on Canada Day. The kids are so exited. Who else has big plans for Canada Day?


Linking up with: Six Sister's Stuff & Today's Creative BlogSkip to my Lou & Tip Junkie & Tatertots and Jello

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Cutest thing ever!!! Happy Canada Day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I just had to check out the only other Canadian project that I could spot at TT & J's weekend wrap up.

    Happy Canada Day from another Canadian Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I'm actually not Canadian but I still think this is fun to do! Happy Canada Day! I featured you on today's Show Off Saturday.
    http://www.mydecoupagedlife.com/2012/06/show-off-saturday-kids-crafts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Lila! I hope you had an amazing summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...