Thursday, June 21, 2012

chocolate dipped chips


Don't know what to bring to the next barbecue you're attending? These chips are sure to get people talking. The best part is that they are so easy (& cheap) to make!

Buy a bag, or two, of your favorite ruffled potato chip. The kind that I bought were just $1.19 per bag. Then, I went to the Bulk Barn and bought a bag of milk chocolate wafers. Now, I bought WAY too many, because I always like to air to the side of caution. I'd rather have leftover chocolate, rather than not have enough. I probably used about $1.50 worth of chocolate. 

Have your ingredients? Now you're ready to get started. Melt the chocolate using a double boiler. You could also melt it in a microwave safe bowl. (Be sure to use short intervals if this is how you're doing it.) Line your counter with sheets of parchment paper. Once the chocolate has been completely melted, dip chips in chocolate to the half way point of the chip. Let dry on the parchment paper. This is the best way for the biggest chips. I didn't want to let all of those small chips to go to waste, but it was such a pain to dip those ones. I found it easier to lay out all of the small chips on the parchment paper, and then use a pastry brush to paint the chocolate on one side of the small chips. (I just painted one side of the small chips.) Once the chips are dry load them up into bowls to take to your get together- just don't expect them to last very long! (I recommend that you make these the same day that you'll be eating them. They're still good the next day, but they don't have the same crunch as they will the first day.)


1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish I had potato chips and chocolate in my house right now. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Thanks for taking the time to say hi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...